I will never understand why my wife wants to bring the boys to the barber when I can easily cut their hair at home! I used to be the resident barber in my frat house when I was in college, so I know a think or two about how to cut hair! My sons have hair like me – it’s thick and wild and grows super fast. Audrey’s been on me to cut it and we’ve just been busy. I finally got them all to sit down and let me cut away this weekend. Nobody was excited about it, but I have to say – I think I did a pretty good job!
Here’s a little video for your amusement.
Just keep in mind these 6 things:
1. Make sure you have a towel on the ground when you’re about to cut! You want to make sure you get all the hair that falls and in one place!
2. Also make sure you have a towel wrapped around your child, too! This will cut down on the amount of hair that gets on them and makes them itchy! We don’t have smocks at home, so towels will have to do!
3. Hair cutting scissors are essential! We JUST bought some this past summer because we were using dull ones. You can buy these at Target or Walmart!
4. Make sure you have a mirror near you!
5. Have a style in mind before you start snipping and cutting away! It’s important to make sure you know what you’re going for and that you’re not just winging it!
6. Start with clean hair!